2022 Winter Intern
As an intern at Curley Company, you will be an integral part of our growing public relations team. This fast-paced program is designed to give participants real PR experience.
This DC based entry-level position is perfect for recent grads with previous intern and PR experience who are creative, smart, driven, collaborative, curious and avid problem solvers. We’re looking for candidates who come to work every day with a bright, ambitious attitude, and in turn receive valuable skills and professional development guidance from our dynamic team. If this sounds like you, you might be a good fit for our internship program!
This is an eight-week paid internship program starting January 3, 2022 and working four to five days per week. Although every day at Curley Company is a little different from the last, below are typical responsibilities and desired qualifications.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Drafting written content such as press releases, blog posts, social media content and media pitches
- Building media lists and monitoring media coverage
- Conducting research for various client projects
- Aiding in stakeholder outreach for client events
- Attending weekly internal and external client meetings
- Participating in team brainstorms
This role is perfect for someone who:
- Has completed an undergraduate degree with previous intern and PR experience
- Embraces juggling multiple tasks with enthusiasm and positive energy
- Demonstrates attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Takes a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Has exemplary organizational, planning and time management skills
- Is proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communications skills
ABOUT CURLEY COMPANY
Curley Company is an award-winning, woman-owned and led, Washington DC-based strategic communications firm, founded in 2002 by Jennifer Curley. The agency is known for delivering smart communications strategy in Washington DC and beyond and has been recognized by both PRWeek and PRovoke Media as a finalist for Boutique Agency of the Year in North America and ranked by the Washington Business Journal as a top PR firm in Washington DC for the past four years. Curley clients range from Fortune 100 companies and large trade associations to start-ups and nonprofit organizations. Additionally, Curley Company publishes The Association 100 – a monthly publication for association executives focused on what’s new, what’s next and what works in the world of associations.
To apply for the position with Curley Company: